We offer wide range of test preparation courses that can improve your employment prospects, further your education, or prepare to travel or live abroad, and at the end you will get and internationally recognised certificate showing the level you reached in English.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
If you wish to emigrate or study abroad, IELTS will be your key to prove your competency in English.
IELTS test is a proof of competency in the English language that is recognised by all universities in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, by many universities in Canada and the US, and by universities in Europe. It demonstrates both your passive and active language abilities. It is also a requirement for emigration to Australia, Canada and New Zealand. The BLC teaching team offers this special preparation course for all candidates who plan to take the Academic or the General Training test.
To join this course, you will need an Advanced or higher level of English. Students must select either the Academic or General Training.
Students are tested in all four skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. There is a choice of Reading and Writing modules.
The academic Reading and Writing modules assess whether a candidate is ready to study or train in a medium of English at an undergraduate or postgraduate level.
The general Training Reading and Writing Modules are not designed to test the full range of formal language skills required for academic purposes.
(English for Speakers of Other languages) Internationally recognised English language qualifications.
(Key English Test) tests your ability to deal with basic communication needs in every-day situations and is equivalent to elementary and pre-intermediate levels.
(Preliminary English Test) demonstrates that you have enough English to cope with social and work situations and is equivalent to intermediate and upper-intermediate levels.
Once you have reached the advanced level you can choose to study for FCE- First Certificate in English, the CAE – Certificate of Advanced English and the CPE – Certificate of Proficiency in English.
(First Certificate in English) is for people with a high intermediate level and tests your ability in all language skills. It is widely recognised in commerce and industry, and by educational in the UK and overseas as proof of language ability.
This course will help you prepare for the FCE exam. You will practise the language skills which you will be tested on in the exam: Reading, Writing, Use of English, Listening and Speaking. You will improve your ability to:
* read semi-authentic texts and deduce meaning
* write letters, articles, reports, and compositions
* demonstrate your knowledge of English by completing a number of tasks
* understand extracts, monologues & announcements from radio programmes
* respond to questions and interact in conversational English
(Certificate of Advanced English) is and advanced level exam and is suitable for people who require English for professional or study purposes. The exam focuses on the use of English language skills to achieve real-world tasks. It is also recognised by the majority of UK universities as fulfilling English Language entrance requirements.
Our course will prepare you to take the CAE exam. You will practise and improve the language skills that you will be tested on in the exam: Reading, Writing, use of English, Listening and Speaking.
You will improve your ability to:
* read and understand texts taken from magazines, newspapers & leaflets
* listen to and understand announcements, speeches, radio broadcasts, etc. And gain a detailed understanding of them, including identifying the attitude of the writer and the context
* complete writing tasks in response to articles, leaflets, notices, formal and informal letters
* complete tasks based and authentic passages (e.g. gap filling, proof-reading exercises, text completion, text expansion (of note etc.)
*demonstrate a range of speaking skills: interactional, social, transactional, negotiation and collaboration
(Certificate of Proficiency in English) is an advanced level exam and is recognised as fulfilling English language requirements by British universities and for business and academic purpose overseas.
In the preparation course you will practise and improve the language skills that you will be tested on in the exam: Reading, Writing, Use of English, Listening and Speaking.You will improve your ability to:
* read and show comprehension of gist, detailed content, tone, registers, vocabulary, usage and grammatical control
* write non-specialised texts of a descriptive, narrative and discursive nature covering a range of topics
* demonstrate your knowledge and control of the language system by completing various tasks at text and sentence level, including reading and summarising a text
* listen to and understand extracts from announcements, dialogues, radio programmes etc.
Including recognised the speakers’ attitudes and implications of stress and intonation
*discuss and comment on issues and express opinions on a set the thematically linked photographs and a textual passage
(Business English Certificate) is designed to assist people who are either preparing for a business career or are already in work. It will help you learn to use English in real world business situations, e.g., Meetings, presentations, teleconferences etc. We prepare you for this certificate by using ideal books for BEC preparation.
(Young Learners English) to help you check how your children’s English language skills are developing we offer the Cambridge Young Learners language assessment for 7 – 12 years old.
Our preparatory courses are instructed by native professionals who have considerable experiences in these exams.