The overall aim is to provide participants with an insight into approaches in ELT taken in the UK and to highlight the emphasis placed on student-centred learning, personalisation and the value of promoting learner autonomy.
The TESOL programme includes important areas such as
• Course Fundamentals
• Language Acquisition
• The Study of English & Language awareness
a. Phonetics and Phonology
• Teaching the Four Language Skills
• Teaching Techniques, Methods and Approaches
• Method of Assessment & Testing
• Lesson Planning
• Classroom Management & Class organisation
• Effective use of Aids and Resources
• The Learner Profile
• Teaching Skills
• Development and Improvement of Teaching Materials
BLC civil company has been appointed as the only official centre for running British – TESOL CPD programme in Lebanon. Therefore, the programme is provided solely by the B.L.C civil company in Lebanon.
Birmingham College sends British teacher trainers to Lebanon to train participants
The programme involves over 30 lecture hours and 30 hours self-study.